LKP Group CPA PLLC is a full-service Certified Public Accounting firm licensed in FL. All our CPA's hold valid FL State CPA Certificates.
Meet Our Staff:
Lisa K. Pilgrim, MBA, CPA
Lisa has been providing accounting services including audit and taxation for over 30 years. Lisa began her accounting career immediately after she was awarded her Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from Penn State University. While gaining experience in the accounting profession, Lisa earned her Masters of Business Administration Degree from the University of Tampa (Suma Cum Laude) and was recognized as her class’ “Graduate Student of the Year”. Although Lisa now focuses her expertise in the area of tax-related accounting, she is also an experienced auditor providing audits, reviews and compilations for businesses and not-for-profit organizations. She has also served as the Chief Financial Officer for several Florida corporations and is adept at both corporate and public accounting operations.
Lisa is very active in Jacksonville community; including the Professional Women’s Council of The Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce where she served on the board of directors and the PWC Finance, Community Involvement and Hospitality committees. Lisa is also a founding board member and Past Treasurer for Women in Insurance and Financial Service – NE Florida Chapter. Recently, she served on the boards of Hubbard House, Girls, Inc. and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants- Jacksonville. Lisa is a certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor and is often asked and to speak on tax-related topics to small business groups. Lisa has also served as an Adjunct Professor of Accounting and Tax at Saint Leo’s University.
Lisa resides in Jacksonville with her husband.
Tara J. Showalter
Titles & accreditations
- Certiﬁed Financial Planner™ Professional, CFP®
- Accredited Portfolio Management Advisor, APMA®
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor, CRPC®
- Juris Doctor, JD
- FINRA Series 7, 9, 10, 24, 66 & Life Insurance
With over 25 years of experience in the legal and ﬁnancial services industry, Tara is a comprehensive financial advisor focusing on a consultative approach to financial planning. She works collaboratively with CPAs, attorneys and the other professionals in the best interest and outcome for her clients.
- St. Norbert College, 1995 Bachelor of Arts-Business Administration
- Hamline University School of Law, 1998 Juris Doctor
- 2019-present; Managing Director, Florida Wealth Planning Group
- 2019-present; Adjunct Professor, University of North Florida
- 2016–2019 President, Bold New City Financial
- 2014 –2016, Managing Director, AIG
- 2010 – 2014: Managing Principal, Waddell & Reed
- 2006 – 2009: Field Vice President, Ameriprise Financial
- 2004 –2006: District Manager, Ameriprise Financial
- 2003 –2006: Financial Advisor, Ameriprise Financial
- 1998 – 2003: Attorney-General Practice, Estate-Planning
Awards & Distinctions
- 2012 Corporate Leader of the Year-WBO-Women Business Owners
- 2014 GAMA-General Agents Management Association- Frontline Leader Award
- Mercury Award 2003
- First Year Top Achiever 2003-2004
Professional Memberships & Roles
- Adjunct Professor, CFP FP Capstone, UNF Fall, 2019
- Board Member, GAMA-Women’s Leadership Committee
- UNF Advisory Board- Financial Services 2016- present
- National Board Member 2013-2014, WIFS-Women in Insurance & Financial Services
- Past President, WIFS-Women in Insurance & Financial Services
- Past President, SFSP-Society of Financial Services Professionals
- Advisory Board Member-Real $ense Prosperity –United Way
- Volunteer, Junior Achievement of North Florida
David P. Barley, Sr., CPA, MBA
David Barley has been practicing public accounting for more than 20 years. He provides three major areas of proficiency; tax services (income, retirement, investment, estate and gift tax planning), financial services (compilation of financial statements, payroll tax compliance, and workers’ compensation insurance compliance), and business consulting services (litigation support, best process analysis, software selection and implementation).
A graduate of the University of Florida (MBA) and the University of North Florida (BS), David holds a master’s degree in management and a bachelor’s degree in accounting. He is a Certified Public Accountant. David serves on the FICPA University of Florida Accounting Conference Committee and is a member of the FICPA Litigation & Valuation Services Section.
David serves on the American Lung Association’s Planned Giving Committee and is the Chapter Financial Advisor for the University of Central Florida’s Sigma Chi Fraternity.
He enjoys football, boating and travel.
A financial professional since 1987, Rick’s in-depth knowledge of financial issues comes from a broad range of experience. He has held positions in the areas of financial planning, business planning and retirement planning.
Rick’s education encompasses an Associate’s degree in Engineering and the Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®) certification, which provided him with focused knowledge of fiduciary standards of care and their application to the investment management process. His years of experience and education have made him a versatile professional capable of assisting clients with a variety of services from business succession planning to retirement planning.
Rick is married with two children, and has two grandsons. Prior to financial services, he served for ten years aboard submarines in the U.S. Navy. Rick enjoys working out and competing in running and obstacle course competitions.